OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
The Reservationist plays a supporting role to the tourism department in the Gonarezhou National Park
and is primarily responsible for handling client queries and capturing bookings for guests wishing to
visit the Park. In addition to the back office function of capturing reservations, the reservationist also
serves a front office function welcoming clients to Gonarezhou on arrival, ensuring check-in processes
are completed smoothly and in full, any amendments or extras are captured on each reservation and
all payments are captured, as well as ensuring the check-out processes are completed, guest records
are updated and captured accurately.
DUTIES AND AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
• Attend to client/guest queries via telephone or email regarding visits to Gonarezhou National
• Accurately capture reservations including guest details into GCT’s online reservations system;
• Ensure rates are applied correctly, extras are captured and invoices are generated upon guest
• Process and capture payments from guests to Gonarezhou into the online reservation system;
• Receiving clients at reception gates and assisting with the check-in process to ensure a
seamless and positive guest experience;
• Liaise with the tourism operations team providing feedback on guest issues or complaints;
• Communicate timely and effectively with camp staff regarding guest arrivals, requirements
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL
• Diploma or University Degree in Tourism/Business Management or other related qualification;
• Two (2) years tourism experience, ideally of which one (1) year in a reservations role;
• Computer Skills – Good computer skills, particularly the use of Microsoft Office products and
reservations systems (ideally ResRequest);
• Communication – Fluency in written and spoken English;
• Customer Service – Strong customer service skills with the ability to make guests feel welcome;
• Problem-Solving – Ability to detect and understand an issue and work empathetically and
methodically to solve it;
• Administrative – Good and diligent administrative skills;
• Professional – Ability to act professionally and discreetly, maintain confidentiality of guest
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter outlining their experience as well as copies of
academic certificates, professional qualification(s) and driver’s license together with detailed CVs
(with 2 contactable referees) , all as one document.
Applications must indicate job applied for on the envelope or email subject and addressed to the GCT
Recruitment Office and can be made on email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hardcopy applications can be dropped at Malilangwe-Bravo 1 Gate, any manned Gonarezhou National Park Entrance Gate or
Offices at Mabalauta, Chipinda Pools and Makonde.
Deadline of applications is on or before 6th February 2024.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given to suitable candidates living around Gonarezhou National Park.